Monday, November 14, 2011

Winter's Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

In January 2009 SleepySven's family took us to Aspen, CO for an amazing ski trip! I love going to Aspen because not only do the mountains provide wonderful skiing, the village provides RIDICULOUS shopping! Take a pick of your high-end designers and they are probably represented on the main strip. My two favorite stores - the Ralph Lauren and J.Crew (they carry Collection) stores. Not that I really buy much....but the window shopping alone could fill the drawers in my dreams for years!!!

While on the trip I bought a dress that I absolutely LOVE. And....I got it in a size 6. Which means I used to be a size 6. Obviously, I bought the dress before I got fat.....I mean, pregnant. I gained (gasp!) 65 lbs when I was pregnant. And, as hard as it is to believe, I was NOT eating everything in site. Apparently my body wanted to make up for lost time - so it hoarded.....EVERYTHING!

I have worked pretty hard in recent months to finish shedding the remaining 15-20 lbs. I would say I still have about 10-15 lbs to go. (these are all guesses as I NEVER weigh myself - just go by fit of my clothes) So in looking for some motivation I pulled out the dress pictured. It still has the tags on it.

SleepySven has a work event at the beginning of February that I want to wear this dress to. And I will, damn it! So I'm putting this out there for the world to see.....or maybe just the three people that actually read this LOL!

By February 4th, I will be able to wear my brand new J.Crew Collection dress. Hold me to it.....

2 comments: