Friday, November 11, 2011

Drink.....Drank.....Drunk!

It has been a VERY LONG WEEK.

And it's not going to get any shorter with SleepySven having to work a football game tomorrow night.

Today I finally reached my limit. This is basically how it went ALL FREAKING DAY.....

Family Guy, FOX

If you're a parent, do you remember the days when you couldn't wait for your baby to say Momma or Dada? I curse those days. Along with the days I sat wishing WMD would walk.....um, yeah - he's been walking since 9 months, running since 10 months, SPRINTING since 12 months. My life is virtually a world with a blurry toddler running in and out of the living room and yelling something that sounds like NOTHING I have ever heard before. Today I asked WMD if he was speaking French. He said, "No". I asked him if he was speaking English. He nodded. Smart little turd.

I can't remember the last time I had a drink. Please don't interpret that statement to mean that I don't drink. Quite the contrary. I find there to be nothing wrong with a reward at the end of the day - to celebrate that you actually made it....and everyone is still alive! I've just been rather cheap lately and haven't splurged on any adult beverages in the recent past. I am learning that being frugal should not include purchases that maintain your sanity.....like a little (or 1.5L) bottle of wine.....or a pair of new boots! Enter: Grocery Store and Mall (Momma went out tonight and got her a new pair of boots that fit her fat calves AND tucked jeans - and please? Am I the only girl with calves like a man? You can't tell me that the majority of women have calves that are the size of my arm?.....I digress).....

So here I sit. Alone. Hubby at the job. Kiddo in bed - early, because I just couldn't do it anymore! Drinking a bottle (ok - a couple of bottles).....OK - MANY bottles of Pale Moon. Luck would have it that ABC Family is playing another showing of one of the Harry Potter movies ..... really? Does this channel ever play anything else? I am curled up in my favorite chair, with my favorite blanket and toasting the week:

You think you had the best of me
Even when covered in pee
I knew the week would come to end
And a bottle of booze would certain mend
Screw you week, screw you!

Congrats on making it to the weekend, gang! Take tomorrow and make it your own. Don't let the day titles define how you feel or what you do. And if you find yourself in a moment of CRAZY remember this:

God gives you nothing you can't handle. And if you can't handle it? Drink a handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment